Vegan moisturizers are formulated with ingredients that are organic, plant-based, and gentle on the skin. There are no traces of animal-derived additives or harsh chemicals. Some of the common elements that are often included in vegan moisturizers are the following:
1. Aloe Vera - Aloe vera is a natural moisturizer that can soothe and hydrate the skin. It is also rich in antioxidants, which can help to protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals.
2. Shea Butter - Shea butter is a rich, luxurious moisturizer that is great for dry or sensitive skin. It is high in fatty acids and vitamins, which can help to nourish and protect the skin.
3. Coconut Oil - Coconut oil is a versatile ingredient that can be used as a moisturizer for the face and body. It is rich in fatty acids and antioxidants, which can help to hydrate and protect the skin.
4. Jojoba Oil - Jojoba oil is a lightweight, non-greasy oil that is easily absorbed by the skin. It is rich in vitamins and minerals, which can help to nourish and hydrate the skin.
5. Hyaluronic Acid - Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in the body that helps to keep the skin hydrated and plump. Vegan moisturizers may contain hyaluronic acid derived from plant sources.
There are many reasons to opt for vegan skincare vs. the alternatives. First and foremost, they're natural, gentle, and an effective way to hydrate and protect the skin. If you have sensitive skin, organic moisturizers are made with ingredients to help prevent any unwanted skin reactions. Those with acne-prone skin would also benefit from vegan moisturizers, because they help to soothe skin irritations and repair blemishes.
Featured Image: Photo by Valeriia Miller